A Neighborhood Council's purpose is to promote Stakeholder participation in local issues affecting their community, and to make government more responsive to local needs. To achieve this goal, the voters passed Charter reforms in 1999, creating the Citywide System of Neighborhood Councils through the Deparment of Neighborhood Empowerment.The Greater Valley Glen Council (GVGC) was formed in 1996 and was certified as the 42nd Neighborhood Council on August 27, 2002.
The GVGC consists of committed commuity stakeholders who plan and implement community projects to foster improvement. The GVGC shall seek to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life of the community, to preserve and enhance its character and prevent its deterioration.
A Stakeholder is anyone who lives, works or owns property within the Council boundaries. In addition, a Stakeholder is anyone who participates in educational institutions, religious institutions and community organizations.
As a Stakeholder you can participate by:
* Attending meetings the first Monday of each month at Valley College, Cafeteria Conference Room, 5800 Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen.
* Be on our email list to be notified of important issues and meetings.
* Take a position on issues.
* Run for a seat on the Board of Directors.
* Vote for the Board of Directors.
Please get in touch with us by filling out this form.